The Fouta-Djalon Chieftaincy
West African Chiefs.
Their Changing Status under Colonial Rule and Independence
Michael Crowder & Obaro Ikime (eds.)
New York, pp. 79-97. Translated from French by Brenda Packman.
University of Ife Press, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. 1970
Table of Contents
- The State of Fouta-Djalon
- The Conquest of Fouta-Djalon
- The Fall of Alfa Yaya and the liquidation
of the great chieftaincies
- The Movement towards direct administration: the 'Feudal Plot' of 1911 and the break up of the Fouta
- The Fouta-Djalon Chieftaincy under the colonial regime
- The Crisis and the fall of the Chieftaincy